Kathmandu : It is hot summer. Everyone is worried about their care including skin. Skin is one of the sensitive part of our body. If one is outside whole day during sunny summer then many problems can raise and difficulties and rudeness can cause to feel worse.
Therefore, we have mentioned below the best 11 ways to take care of your skin to keep it moist and avoid from different hazards.
Here are the 11 ways to take care of skin:
1. Face Wash to Remove Excess Oil In summer, oily skin can get more oily. Use a face wash suited to your skin type that can deep cleanse and remove all the dirt and grime. People with dry skin would need a non-foaming cleanser. Opt for mild, alcohol-free and pH balanced cleansers.
2. Opt For A Good Skin Care Routine Maintain a skin care regimen and follow it religiously. Choose gel-based (for dry skin) and water based (for oily skin) rather than cream-based products as the former are lighter and non-greasy. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing twice a day will help keep your skin clean and fresh.
3. Include Antioxidants In Your Skin Care Regime Antioxidant serums work wonders to hydrate your skin. Besides, they protect your skin from environmental damage, help to boost collagen, and scavenge free radicals to prevent damage to skin. Include a good antioxidant serum in your summer skincare routine. Alternatively, you can add it to your diet by stocking up on citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, green tea, etc.
Abhisikta Hati, Senior Product Development Executive at SkinKraft says, “Vitamin C serum is a good option for a summer skincare routine. It is beneficial during summer. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, a free radical scavenger that protects your skin from oxidant-induced damages and helps in reducing the pigmentation caused by harmful UV rays.”
4. Keep Your Skin Hydrated Hydration is key at all times during summer. You can use a hydrating face mask after you wash your face at night for some extra hydration while you sleep. Splash your face frequently with water or carry a facial mist to freshen your skin at regular intervals.
5. Exfoliate For Healthy Skin Use a face scrub at least twice a week to remove excess dirt and oil from the skin. Only, remember to use a scrub suitable for your skin type and massage the scrub gently in a circular motion. Make sure you exfoliate the lips and the neck too.
6. Wear Sunscreen The sun’s UV-A and UV-B rays can be very harsh. Besides giving you a stubborn tan, they can cause premature aging, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. A good sunscreen with SPF 30-50 is vital for the summer months for all skin types, even if you stay indoors most of the time. If you go swimming, we suggest you apply sunscreen multiple times.
7. Avoid Heavy Makeup Heavy makeup prevents the skin from breathing. Humidity and heat also impact the skin’s ability to breathe. Instead of heavy foundation and other cosmetics, you could consider using a tinted lip balm and a tinted moisturiser if you need to wear some makeup.
8. Use A Good Toner A good toner can be effective in closing open pores. The maximum number of sebaceous glands are found on the T-zone of the face. To prevent sweat and oil from clogging these pores, use an aloe vera or cucumber-based toner as they are lighter.
9. Moisturize Well A moisturizer is vital to protect your skin in summer. You can choose a non-greasy formula based on your skin type. But look for ingredients like antioxidants like vitamins A and C. If it has SPF, even better. It is best to apply a moisturizer immediately after your bath.
10. Don’t Forget Your Eyes, Lips & Feet Always wear sunglasses to protect the eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Use a moisturizing under eye gel; and a lip balm with SPF under your lipstick. Scrub your feet to exfoliate. Apply sunscreen and moisturizer on your feet too, especially if you are wearing open-toed sandals.