Youth killed while using electricity to fish

Dainik Nepal Jun 10, 2023 | 16:11

Mugu: A youth has been electrocuted while fishing in the river, using electricity.

Sanjay Bham, 22, a resident of Chhayannath Rara Municipality, died on Friday due to electrocution while using electricity to catch fish in Ghate river located between ward nos 1 and 4 of the municipality.

Bham, who had gone fishing in the river with a battery and a 12-volt inverter, was rushed to District Hospital Mugu by his friends after he was hit by the electric shock, but died soon after reaching the hospital, said Deputy Superintendent of Police at District Police Office Mahesh Basnet. The use of electricity for fishing in the Karnali River and its tributaries has been increasing in recent years.


Popular posts