Katari: Two children of the same family died in fire incident at Rautamai Rural Municipality in Udayapur district.
The house of Ram Bahadur Magar at Panbu, Rautamai Rural Municipality-8 in the district caught the fire on Friday evening and claimed lives of his daughter Jasmin Magar, 6, and two-year-old son Rojan Magar.
The two-storey house made up of stone and soil was engulfed by fire and leading to death of two minors, said a local Tekraj Rikham Magar.
“The fire broke out in the house where the kids were inside the house. Both of us had gone to our work at the time of incident,” grieved the bereaved father. “Both the kids lost their consciousness immediately after the fire incident,” narrated Gaurav Bahadur Magar, a local teacher. The fainted kids were rushed to the District Hospital for further treatment where they breathed their last.
The fire, besides incurring loss of human lives, reduced the house to ashes. Police are looking into the case while short circuit could be the reason behind the fire. The damage of properties is estimated at Rs 1 million, according to the police.