A student dies after consuming spirit given by teacher

Dainik Nepal Jan 08, 2023 | 15:26

Kathmandu: A female student has died after consuming spirit given by her teacher in Siraha.

15-year-old Srijana Kumari Mahara, who was studying in Class 8 of Sagarmatha High School located in Mirchaiya Municipality 6, died after consuming spirit given by her teacher.

On the 22nd of January, Ambika Lamsal, the teacher, gave her spirit assuming water. Teacher Lamsal gave it to her, thinking it was water in a bottle of Mountain Dew. After consuming the spirit, Srijan Kumari got fainted.

She died during treatment at Phulkumari Mahato Memorial Hospital in Karjanha.

Parents and students are protesting after the death of the student. They have blocked the east-west highway.


Popular posts