Chitwan Garden Resort recommended fine of Rs 300 thousand

Dainik Nepal Dec 17, 2022 | 8:30

Chitwan: A monitoring committee has recommended Chief District Officer of Chitwan to fine Chitwan Garden Resort (CGR) with Rs 300 thousand over the toxic food items CGR served to people attending a marriage ceremony on December 9.

The committee comprising stakeholders under the coordination of Assistant Chief District Officer and Market Monitoring Committee, Chitwan, Chiranjivi Sharma, submitted the report to Chief District Officer Asman Tamang on Friday.

Around 300 people attending the marriage ceremony fell ill after consuming food prepared by the resort belonging to Ganesh Dhakal of Gaindakot-1 of Nawalpur and Karishma Adhikari of Bharatpur-10.

A bacteria named ‘E coli’ was detected in the stool of those who developed symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting after consuming the resort’s foods, according to Sharma. It was found after a test conducted on those eating the foods the resort served. Saying the resort blundered in preparation of food, the Committee’s report mentioned that some of the food stuffs were found date expired. The resort was found not maintaining hygiene.


Popular posts